Cruisers of the US Navy features more than 420 high-resolution photos which can be zoomed in to examine in minute detail on the iPad. Besides an authoritative history of each cruiser, the app includes complete specs on all cruisers, commissioned between 1880 and 2009. A total of 280 ships are listed with histories and hi-res photos, all now in the public domain.
Tapping on a particular ship, for example "USS Pittsburg CA 72", brings up another scrolling listing of an introductory article (5,000 words or more), and 5 different photos Each hi-res photo has an optional caption that describes the circumstances under which the photo was captured,
* Thousands of facts in 280 articles, plus 800 hi-res photos
* The ideal way to learn about US Cruisers
* Especially designed for iPad usage, allowing display of photographic detail
* Official US Navy photographs with optional captions
* Completely self-contained - no Internet connection necessary
* Photos can be saved or shared with others
* Third in a series of apps on the US Navy for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
The app includes one-touch icons to return to the table of contents, go back to recently viewed pages, and to access the list of user selected favorites. Cruisers of the US Navy is thethird of a series of apps on the US Navy MultiEducator plans to release in the coming year.